2.03.2011

snowed in...

I am now going on my third consecutive snow day and am officially going crazy. I think some people are really good at doing nothing, and while I admit it is nice for a day (maybe two), I 'm ready to feel like I have a purpose again.

I've managed to fill my time these past couple of days doing small, productive tasks that I have been putting off for a while. I have done a lot of organizing...my room, my closet, the closet in the spare bedroom (ugh!), the pantry, the refrigerator. My dad is starting to wonder if I can possibly organize anything else. I assured him that with a credit card, a quick trip to the storage bin aisle at Target, and some caffeine, I could do a world of wonder on the entire house.

Another thing these snow days have allowed me time for is baking. While organizing the refrigerator I came across a bag of fresh cranberries, and I decided it would be the perfect excuse to make cranberry muffins. I found a recipe I had used before and tweaked it a little bit, replacing sugar with agave nectar, oil with plain Greek yogurt, and white flour with a wheat flour/quick oat mixture. I also added chopped pecans for an extra crunch. The result? Very yummy, relatively healthy Cranberry Pecan Muffins!
My photography skills aren't to a professional level yet, but hopefully this picture has your mouth watering! I heated up one of these this morning and enjoyed it with a cup of coffee while watching the morning talk shows. I guess I can't complain too much about the snow days...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment